Fujairah Free Zone Authority
The government approved the establishment of Fujairah Free Zone Authority in 1987 so that it could act as a hub for international trade. Its primary objective is to simplify licensing requirements and other bureaucratic processes in order to entice overseas investors. The Fujairah Free Zone is a vast 4 million square meter area that welcomes a wide variety of industries, including commerce, manufacturing, and distribution, and provides investors with trading offices, warehouses, and land that can be adapted to their specific requirements.
Security clearance, environmental certification for industrial activity, a firm profile, and a copy of the applicant’s passport are all required for a license. When necessary paperwork is submitted, registration is expedited, usually within the hour.
- Superior connectivity to domestic and global markets by way of land, sea, and air.
- A diverse range of business sectors in which to invest.
- Investing procedures that are streamlined and economical.
- Fujairah Port and International Airport are conveniently close by.
- Unrestricted Foreign Ownership.
- All taxes will be waived.
- Complete freedom to repatriate earnings and investments.
- Duty exemptions at customs.
- Unlimited available manpower.
Sectors of Emphasis:
Focusing on SMEs, FFZA encourages businesses in the electronics, food processing, medical equipment, educational supply, tourism, hotel amenity, aviation, and mining industries. The Authority prioritizes marine services, capitalizing on the state-of-the-art infrastructure of Fujairah Port to encourage new investment opportunities, and makes use of Fujairah’s extensive natural resources, particularly in its mountains.